BigCommerce for WordPress Tutorial: Removing WordPress Image Compression
When you upload a jpg image to WordPress it gets compressed to save file space and make it download faster. It also slightly degrades the quality of the image. When you upload an image to BigCommerce it does the same thing, so when you import images from BigCommerce to WordPress you get double compression, which isn’t desirable. This video shows you how to turn it off in WordPress.
As a bonus I’ll show you how to make a plugin to do it!
Get Started: www.bigcommerce.com/solutions/wordpress-ecommerce-plugin/
BigCommerce for WordPress is a free plugin that lets you use BigCommerce to power your site’s backend commerce needs and WordPress for your site’s design and content. This headless solution delivers both advanced commerce functionality and design customization freedom by allowing each platform to do what it does best.
* Download Plugin: wordpress.org/plugins/bigcommerce/
* Review Changelog: plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/bigcommerce/trunk/CHANGELOG.md
* Follow Us on Twitter: twitter.com/bigcommercedevs twitter.com/bigcommerce
* Learn More on the BigCommerce Developer Blog: medium.com/bigcommerce-developer-blog
* About BC4WP: www.bigcommerce.com/solutions/wordpress-ecommerce-plugin/